ASSOCIATION OF THE FRIENDS OF THE MUSEUMS OF NYON
The Association of the Friends of the Museums of Nyon supports the town’s three museums: the Château de Nyon (founded in 1888), the Musée du Léman (founded in 1954) and the Musée romain (founded in 1979). Through the twice-yearly publication of its bulletin, the Association participates in extending the cultural reach of these three institutions. It contributes every year to the purchase of works of art to enrich the collections, and in addition supports the museums in their role of mediation by financing some of the educational workshops they propose (mainly for children). Its involvement, sometimes of a more material nature, enables the museums to acquire furnishings (for example, the cafeteria in the Musée du Léman).